Yesterday was a long day. After a trip to Home Depot at 0800, we got to work fixing the plumbing first. By 1900 the new subfloor was finally in.

  • The sillcock was just a bonus because the floor was up. I tried to unscrew it from the outside but ended up twisting apart the copper pipe instead. That’s okay, we didn’t need that one anyway. I cut and capped its supply pipe.

  • The new shower valve body was soldered into place (14 solder joints!) and checked for leaks. Repaired a leaky joint (twice) and now all is dry. Still have to pressure-test the tub spout and shower head joints before putting up the Kerdi board. The tub/shower faucet (and matching sink faucet) hardware is Kohler Mistos in polished chrome.

  • The shower head was a standard 72”, but still too short for anyone over 5’6”. I added another foot in height so the water will fall on my head and not on the lower part of my face.

mostly removed sillcock busted sillcock

bathroom subfloor new subfloor

shower valve body new shower valve body

shower plumbing higher shower head